shout out to all the mentally ill asian kids
- who can’t pull up the strength to do their homework or study
- who get low grades because of their mental illness
- who are constantly under pressure to do well in school by their parents
- who have parents that think depression or anxiety is just an excuse for being “lazy”
- who have parents that tell them that they had it harder when they were young
- who, because of the stereotype that all asians are smart, constantly doubt themselves and their abilities
- who suffer because of the stigma around mental illness in asian cultures
your grades, your abilities, and your parent’s perception of you do not make up your worth. you’re doing your best, and i’m endlessly proud of you.
why did you have to label it on asian kids, it applies to everyone.
asian kids face extreme pressure from their families to perform well in academia. its engrained in our cultures and asian kids with mental illnesses who can’t perform to the expectations of their parents face crippling self doubt and hatred. because of the mental illness stigma in the asian community no one speaks up to support these struggling students. they need to know that they still matter and that their grades don’t define them, because no one else will tell them that in real life. so stop being an asshole, and let the asian kids have their post.
“so stop being an asshole, and let the asian kids have their post.”
and the worst part is that all our hard work gets erased by whites because “oh you don’t have to try at anything, you’re asian”